The Club Captains for 2021/22 are Kitty Green and Josh Ralph
New criteria and selection process for SELAC Captain roles (Season 22/23)
Objective: To align the role and responsibilities of the Club Captain to the values of SELAC (fun, teamwork, PBs and inclusive) and to demonstrate the behaviour of a volunteer and leader.
Captain x2 and Vice- captains x2
Any athlete the U15 and U17 age groups
Non- gender specific in selection
Selection will be via nomination and then 2. an interview with an interview panel consisting of (1) President, (2) Vice President, and the following panel members who will remain anonymous until the interviews (3) a SELAC parent, (4) an age Marshall and (5) another athlete from u15 or u17. NB: Panel members will not be presenting if their child/ren nominates for captaincy/vice-captaincy in a given year.
Responsibilities of the Captains and Vice-Captains
- of weekly duties including warming up and aiding younger athletes with skill development;
- when possible assist coaches at mid-week training sessions;
- at Club Champs and helping committee/volunteers with duties on the day/s of competition;
- at zones, regionals and attempt to qualify for State, including March past practice and set up as well as warm-up and cool down duties;
26 October 2021
- in the organisation of the Christmas party and Presentation Day;
- in organising min. 2 x fundraising activities during the season;
- represent and compete at higher level beyond Saturday morning competition, where possible;
- * it is expected that the Captains and Vice-Captains be autonomous, however consultative with the President and Committee Members when developing ALL initiatives to be undertaken
As of next year, nominations need to be received, via the Age Marshalls, before the end of the season. This will be followed by interviews which will be held in the week after State (early April 2022) and recognition of new captains and vicecaptains will be made at Presentation Day
This year: I would like to get started and ask for 4 Senior Athlete to volunteer in the organisation of at least one fundraising activity for this season.